Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Sugarland

Posted by Von Battle

I was over at my sister’s house the other day. We are pretty close and spend a lot of time together. Now if you know my sister very well, you know that she is the biggest fan ever of the group Sugarland. I was flipping the channels around on her Directv.com, and saw that there was going to be a concert by Sugarland on the Audience Network. She was not in the room at the time so I decided to surprise her when the concert came on a few days later. I convinced her that we needed to get together at her house with our husbands for a cookout, and that I was going to give her an early birthday present that night. Of course, she agreed to the cookout because she wanted her birthday present. I planned the dinner at the right time to coincide with the start of the concert. Just before we had dessert, I told everyone we would go in her den to eat our dessert and that is where I would give her the present. We all sat down and at the right time, I turned on the television. There was Jennifer Nettles and Kristian Bush as the concert began. I said “Happy Birthday!” I thought she would keel over and feint. She was so excited. And to think that present didn’t cost me a thing.