Friday, April 13, 2012

The Appeal of Country Living

Thanks to Wm Rowe

A friend and co-worker of mine drives forty-five minutes into work each day, while my commute is a mere seven minutes, when the traffic light God is shining down on me. I love being in the city, although my house is quite private and countryesque. She and her husband raise horses and have a huge garden and chickens that provide them with fresh eggs. They love living off the land. I was out there a couple of weeks ago and we started talking about television and internet and I asked if she was concerned when they bought their farm that they might not have connections out there. She said she got on her computer at work and went tosatelliteinternetbroadband.comand found there was no problem in having it installed. She and I discuss a lot of things when we are sitting outside at her house, enjoying cocktails and watching the horses frolic and run. While I am a city girl, I have begun to appreciate country living and the peace and calm that comes with it. Fortunately, I can enjoy that life anytime by visiting my friend and her husband.