Monday, May 09, 2011

Bella Blu is a Fiesty Dog!

Written by my friend Dong Wood

I take my dog, Bella Blu, who is a Yorkie, out for walks time to time. It's not that she is overweight or unhealthy, but I think she should get outside the yard every once in a while. Bella Blu is great with people; she wants to be everyone's lap dog! She loves being petted, given treats, and overall treated as a spoiled queen. But, she has a dark side; she is a feisty dog who tries to take on big dogs!

For example, when we left home once spring morning, we had set our home security alarm 9www.securitychoice.com/home-security.html) and grabbed a leash, water bottle, and began our walk to a nearby friend's house. While walking there, Bella Blu passed ! by another dog who was behind a fence, and when we got close, she tried to yank herself away and barked crazily at the dog. I got her pulled away, but when a neighbor was out walking his dog, Bella Blu tried to take it on too, a massive Great Dane!

Needless to say, Bella Blu didn't harm anyone or anyone's dog. I imagine that she likes to think herself as a big, brave dog who wants to the alpha leader every chance she gets. I still enjoy our walks together, though I know try to keep her away from other dogs, I don't need stress on my walks after all!